Thursday, September 4, 2008

Reading Rainbow

I've started taking my kids to the local library every week. Last week was our first visit. It was quite the adventure. I learned it's extremely difficult to keep two small children from pulling all the books from the shelves. I also learned that one book per child DEFINITELY is not enough to satiate their appetite...at least this is the case with Alex and Elise.

Jon came with us for our visit this week. He served in a sort of "Defender of the Fish Tank/Keeper of the Peace (and Quiet)" capacity. I made an effort to get more books for the kids. But their books and my books meant we had an enormous stack to carry out with us when we were finished. So, yesterday, I swung by Old Navy to see what summer beach totes they had on clearance and bought this cute destination tote for about $8.00. No more tottering piles of books to juggle on my way out. It's roomy enough to fit all the many, many (many, many) books my kids want and I can keep my key chain library card in the zipper pouch in front. And the best thing? The color scheme takes me back to my childhood days in the 80's watching Reading Rainbow on PBS.

Picture from Old Navy

No comments: