Saturday, February 6, 2010

New-ish

My favorite word today is "new-ish." We've been doing a lot of rearranging in the house lately...our nesting instinct is revealing itself through this intense desire to move our furniture around. :) A couple of weeks ago, we rearranged our bedroom--took us 3 days and we're still only mostly done. Our project this week was our living room. The thing I love about changing the set up of these rooms is money...or our lack thereof. As my friend Jennifer said on Facebook the other day, "...it makes a room feel all clean and new-ish!" Great word.

We hadn't moved any of our furniture in the living room (save to make space for the tree at Christmastime) for three years. So you can imagine the amount of dusting and un-cluttering we had to do! But in the process, I rediscovered several decor items right when I was wishing I could go buy something just for some kind of change! My front bathroom feels completely different with the help of three small "new-ish" seaside prints on the wall. And I love the fact that I didn't have to buy new furniture (or finally get curtains to go over the blinds) to get that "new-ish" feeling in my living room. My too-thin purse-strings are heaving a sigh of relief. :)

Once the room is finally complete, I'll try to put up some pics...not to demonstrate it's new-ishness, but because that was a frickin' lot of work and, dang it, I'm going to show it off, man!


Just three of the new-old items I rediscovered. Don't ask me what the silver thing is...I have no idea. I just know it's vintage and it's silver...and a pain in the NECK to clean!

No comments: